Monday, November 4, 2013

Movie Monday

I haven't seen too many Korean movies but what I have seen, I've liked.  Hopefully with movies like Snowpiercer and Stoker that feature Korean directors, they will become more widely known.  This past weekend I saw 숨바꼭질 (soom ba gok jil).  Hide and Seek in English.  Sidenote: I watched it without subtitles.  I got the general gist of the movie but Victoria had to fill me in on some of the dialogue.
Hide and Seek-p2.jpg
Image: Asianwiki

Hide and seek is one of those movies that you watch and think "holy shit, that could totally happen to me."  Have you ever felt like there was someone in your house when you know there wasn't?  Have you ever felt like you were being watched?  If so, this movie will give you chills.  

Hide and Seek follows the story of Sung-Soo, a cafe owner who investigates the disappearance of his estranged older brother.  His investigation leads him to discover a code written by the doors of the apartments in his brother's building.  Sung-Soo discovers the meaning of the code, only to find it written on his own door.  

I couldn't find out how to insert the trailer directly onto the page, and youtube doesn't have a version with
English subs.  Check here and scroll down the page and click on the English subtitled version.  

Happy watching!


No comments:

Post a Comment