Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pill Identification

I recently found this very helpful.  Yesterday I went to the doctor to do something about my cold.  Normally if I'm not feeling like I'm on the verge of death, I let whatever it is that I have run its course.  A big exception, however, is when I have a cold.  Being a teacher, working with a stuffy nose and phlegmy cough is not so great.  I'd rather treat my symptoms than be miserable for a few days.

In Korea, the pharmacist puts your pills in little paper packets.  Instead of having a bottle of pill A and a bottle of pill B, the pharmacist puts one of each pill in the packet.  Each packet is your dose of all your meds.  This time it's a 3 a day regiment.  My after lunch pills have a check on the packet.  Easy, right?

One thing I always forget to do is look at my prescription and see what kind of meds i'm on.  Pretty dumb.  These pill packets get put in a big envelope that doesn't have the name of the medicine or any information other than the dosage schedule.  A great resource I found was the Korean Pill Identifier.  The first two blanks are for what is stamped on one side of the pill.  The middle is for the brand stamp.  The third section is for the shape of the pill, and the last is the color.  I usually just do the first and last sections.  Imprint and color.  You'll get a list of pills with pictures and you can just find what you have.

It helps to know a little bit of hangeul in order to read the name of the pill.  If not, don't worry.  The last column of the results is the drug name in English.  From there just search what the drug is/what it's for/side effects.

5 comments:

  1. This has been extremely helpful. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very pleased to find this web-site.I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post. canadian pill identifier

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!!! I needed this. I had no idea what this medicine was they gave me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the initial steps you might need to take when you locate an obscure pill is to distinguish which drug it is. You can utilize the National Institutes of Health's (NIH) distinguishing proof information base, Pillbox, to run a quest for any strange pills you find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vidalista 60mg dynamic moiety of the medication comes under the class of a PDE-5 impetus matter. Vidalista 40mg could be a medication that is used by men wherever the globe to require care of their sexual ineptitude or male erectile dysfunction.

    More pills: Vidalista 10mg | Vidalista 20mg

    ReplyDelete